DRAGON FEST IN MAY 2016 CLICK THIS LINK FOR ALL THE LATEST AND REFRESH http://dragonfest2016.com/
If you have got any interesting info for this page let me know , I am sure you know the email by now .
From Soch Sails, fresh in, Dragon Force 65 ultimate rig tuning guide click the link below to go a bit quicker.
Also there is loadsa stuff for your Dragon on Timmys website just click below to get the full picture
DEDICATED WEBSITE FOR ALL DF INFO including the new DF95 http://dfracing.world/about-2/
Nigel Brown from CAT SAILS has given me this info if you want new sails for your dragon A/B or C suits
THE RECENT RG 65 NATIONALS WERE HELD AT HUNTINGDON , WRITE UP AND REPORT, CLICK THE LINK http://dragonforce65.com/
If you need any help advise or whatever in purchasing one of these do not hesitate to email me or ask at the lake
C M YACHTS. http://www.cmyachts.co.uk/ Tel Mike on 01234822408 best buy !!!!!
Yes we know you wanna buy one try here my old mate Mike Weston http://www.rcyachts.org.uk/
and then you need to know stuff, so try this, it is the forums ,, http://www.rg65.org.uk/forum
AN INTERNATIONAL EVENT IN 2012 WITH USEFUL INFO http://vrcidf.free.fr/ITRG65/indexg.php
THE UK RG 65 CLASS ASSOCIATION http://www.rg65.org.uk/home
Dragon Force 65 – Hints & tips
We have now started sending out the first batch & feedback is starting to come in. These are the suggested modification we recommend for your DF. If you have one of the second batch of boats you will not need to make the bow modification, seal the fin or worry about the range / binding problems as these issues have been addressed.
- Stand: What no stand? – the DF stand is at the bottom of the inside packaging
- Pulley Block: The sheeting pulley block has come away on a couple of boats – might be a good idea to un-screw add a small amount of superglue & re-screw.
- Radio Set: Range & binding problems – suggest taping a drinking straw under deck as high as possible & thread the receiver aerial through the straw for better reception
- Winch: The deck patch binding to the winch drum – Leave a small piece of backing paper on area above winch to stop it binding
- Winch 2: As an alternative option to leaving backing paper on the patch you can re-mount the winch on the underside of the servo tray which eliminates any binding issues.
- Bowsies: The instructions state to thread the cord through all three holes & then to the fitting back to the bowsie – this makes it hard to adjust – just thread cord though the first two holes then through the fitting & back to the bowsie
- Servo tray: we have noticed that the ply is de-laminating if left damp – might be a good idea to treat the ply to make it more water resistant with varnish mixed with a small amount of white spirit or has been suggested thin superglue.
- Main boom sheeting line: rather than go through deck eye 8 – we advised to take the main sheet straight from the metal ring to the sheeting line clip
- Jib boom sheeting line: rather than go through deck eye 7 – we advise you take the jib sheet from deck eye 5 straight through to 8 & then to sheeting line clip
- Fin: water ingress – we are suggesting it might be a good idea to seal both ends of the fin with clear silicon sealant.
- Bow top area: At the top of the bow area behind the bumper the plastic seems a bit thin on some boats – we are looking at ways to give this area little reinforcement
- Deck eyes: Some of these are leaking & have slight movement – best to seal these with glue & this will help with reinforcement
- Switch 1: Some of these are leaking – loosen screws & seal with sealant then re-tighten
- Switch 2: You may change the switch, but you must use a similar item that fits into the original location and uses the original cover.
- Back stay crane: Some of the stainless steel wire cranes are not long enough for the top mast fitting so the rotating sail head fitting can bind with tension on the back stay – then fitting insert small amount of glue but be careful not to stick to fitting
- Mainsheet Ring: It has been noted that the original metal ring is fraying the mainsheet on some boats due to it having sharp edges. It can be changed for an item of similar size, metal or plastic.
- End Point Adjustment Devices: If you are using the supplied radio set there is no facility to adjust or set the end points for the sheet travel. If you have swapped out the radio set for your favourite you will probably have this facility on you Tx. To make life fair for those who don’t have a fancy radio set you can put an EPA device in the boat. It is up to you to find a suitable device.